Maine YogaFest School of Yoga
200 Hour Teacher Training
with Robin Ivy Payton, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, YACEP
200 Hour Teacher Training
with Robin Ivy Payton, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, YACEP
Is Yoga Teacher Training Your Next Step?
Are you looking at options for yoga teaching certification in the new year?
Our 2022 200 Hour Yoga Alliance approved yoga teacher training offers an approach that may interest you! Fresh air learning, an intensive, accelerated program, online and outdoor community classes, a chakra based approach, and an introduction to yin and chair/workplace yoga update our training for what the world wants and needs in yoga during these new and changing times.
While sessions will blend mainly virtual and outdoor learning, our studio at Scarborough Yoga has newly installed, highly effective air filtration through the REME HALO system which has been shown to inactivate viruses such as COVID-19 by 99.9%!
Dates, Times and Location:
Saturday 8 -5pm Sunday 9 -5 pm
Tuesdays 6-8 pm
Schedule will include a mix of in studio, outdoor and online hours.
Saturdays & Sundays
Here's what our trainees tell us:
"MYF school of yoga was beyond ideal! We learned every aspect of living, breathing, and moving to serve ourselves and our community. We learned the anatomy of yoga from the anatomical, physiological, social, and emotional perspective. We learned the history of the yoga sutras and put it into practice with discussion and postures. These teachers are deeply knowledgeable and interpersonal. I recommend this program from the bottom of my heart."
Empowering you with a deep understanding of the physical, emotional and energetic aspects of the Yoga Practice. Our team is committed to constantly learning and evolving in order to train confident, centered, well rounded yoga teachers. Upon completion of this 200-hour training, you will have the knowledge and confidence to teach yoga safely in a style that is authentic to you.
Learn from professionals with experience, credentials and heart!
Robin Ivy Payton is a RYT 500, E-RYT 200 and YACEP with the Yoga Alliance. She also offers Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga and other continuing education for yoga teachers.
Andrea Gleason a RYT 500, E-RYT and YACEP with Yoga Alliance. She is the owner of Scarborough Yoga and Maine YogaFest. She specializes in Yin Yoga and is a certified Triathlon Trainer and Reiki Master.
Dr Meg Pickering and Dr Carroll Coyle of Oasis are doctors of chiropractic, on site, and the teachers of our Anatomy and Physiology intensive.
What is Included
- Understanding & Practice of Asana/Postures & Alignment
- Sequencing Balanced Vinyasa Classes
- Pranayama Techniques and Practices
- Meditation and Intro to Yoga Nidra
- Introduction to Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Anatomy Training with Dr. Carroll Coyle and Dr. Meg Pickering of Chiropractic Family Wellness
- The Chakras and Yoga of the Subtle Body
- Yoga Philosophy and Yoga Sutra Studies
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers with Andrea Gleason
- The Business of Yoga with Andrea Gleason, owner of Scarborough Yoga and Maine Yogafest
- Effective Teaching Practices
- Teaching All Levels Classes
- Finding your Authentic Voice
- Community Class Teaching Experience
- Unlimited yoga pass at Scarborough Yoga throughout your training
$3000 paid in full or in two payments by September 5, 2021
$2800 early bird rate in full by July 15, 2021
Payment arrangements will be made once your application is accepted.
Checks payable to Scarborough Yoga, 433 US RT 1, Scarborough, ME 04074
Applications are open. Here's how to apply!
Copy and paste the questions below with your responses and send to email@example.com.
- Describe your yoga journey so far including when you started practicing, the kinds of classes or home practice you've been doing and the benefits you receive from your yoga practice.
- Why you are drawn to a 200-hour Yoga Teacher training. What are your hopes, goals or dreams.
- Share you thoughts on how you, through yoga can be an agent of change in our communities, in the state of Maine.
- Give us a personal reference. Include Name, Relationship to you, Email & Phone Number
- Please share anything else about yourself that you think is relevant.
- Expectations for the 200-hour student include:
- Attendance at all sessions.
- Complete homework as assigned in the syllabus
- Complete reading on time as assigned in the syllabus
- Journaling throughout training
- Meditation practice & related reflections throughout training
- Attend 5 classes of different styles and write a brief observation for each in addition to other consistent yoga practice throughout training. More details on observation in your syllabus.
- Maintain a strong code of personal and professional conduct.
- Be respectful of others in training. Treat personal information as sacred. What is shared in training stays within our circle.
- Yoga of the Subtle Body by Tias Little (our training will be heavily based on this text)
- Yoga Anatomy Coloring Book by Kelly Solloway
- The Essential Yoga Sutra by Geshe Michael Roach and Christie McNally
Meet the Teachers:
Robin Ivy Payton, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, YACEP Yoga Teacher & Continuing Education Provider
Robin Ivy Payton co-founded Maine Yogafest School of Yoga’s teacher training program. A Yoga Alliance RYT 500, E-RYT 200 and YACEP, Robin’s training began with Jacqui Bonwell and expanded through advanced studies with Pranakriya Yoga School, The Lotus Pond in Tampa, Marlysa Sullivan, Grace Jull, and Maine Yoga School. In 2020, Robin is attending online Master Classes, related to emotional well-being, with Bo Forbes.
Robin leads Yoga Nidra and Restorative Yoga teacher trainings in addition to weekly classes and private sessions including Vinyasa Flow, Gentle Yoga, Yin, Yin/Yang and Yoga Nidra. Her offerings also include Ropes Wall, Yoga Slings and Chairs and astrology yoga. A freelance writer, astrologer and intuitive, Robin writes for Llewellyn Publications, teachers tarot reading, and created Robin’s Zodiac Zone, a weekly astrology blog, in 1999.
Robin and her husband, Jared, are both yoga teachers who enjoy living close to the ocean with their two beloved dogs.
“I find yoga to be endlessly creative in both teaching and practice. Since our bodies and minds are different every day and thrive on both familiarity and newness, I teach or practice according to the day’s energy, looking to the Moon, Sun, planets, seasons and cycles for intuitive guidance.”
Andrea Brown Gleason, Maine YogaFest, Scarborough Yoga Owner, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, YACEP
Owner of Scarborough Yoga, Co-Founder of sheJAMs, LLC, (an all-women’s triathlon club), USAT Certified Coach Level 1, 2006, Event Director of the Maine YogaFest, RYT 500, E-RYT 200 and YACEP Yoga Teacher ~ Jacqui Bonwell’s Sacred Seed, Master Reiki Practitioner, Usui Lineage ~ Laurra Sheldon. She has also completed two Yin Teacher Trainings with Josh Summers, Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Robin Ivy Payton, Sequencing with Amy Ippoliti.
Andrea grew up in Portland, received her BS in Accounting from USM, worked as a CPA for several years before moving to Pro Search as the Director of Recruiting Services. Andrea started practicing Yoga when she was training for a triathlon. Chronically pulling a rib out of alignment during training, she treated with a chiropractor who told her she could do more for herself than he could do and told her to practice yoga. Thus began the adventure of a brand new journey and her love for the practice.
After 20 years at Pro Search, Andrea made the leap out of corporate into Yoga and Triathlon full time. Andrea started out predominantly practicing vinyasa and gradually shifted to focus more on the quieter practice of Yin Yoga. “Yin Yoga balances the Yang in my life, of which there is plenty!”, she says. “Practicing yoga creates breathing room. Room to pause before I react and recover when I do react to life’s challenges.”
Questions: Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Robin & Andrea